Sound communication etiquette.
I understand that many people watch foreign movies and want to do what’s trending. But because something is trending doesn’t mean it is good, moral or ethical.
Communication is one of the best things that happened to mankind. But with the way things are going, the generation we are in right now has almost lost the very essence of this virtue.
Words like “sup”, “xup”, “whassap” are just NOT good enough. (Except you’re in your cliq but still that’s not a good training). It shows you’re not aiming for global standards.
And the way many young ones talk to older ones (or mentors) is crazy!
I’ll offer a few corrective tips today.
1. You should use “PING” until after you’ve written something you want the receiver to read URGENTLY!
2. Sending “Hello sir/ma, how’s your night” is pushing too much familiarity. If you Dont know the person so well or are willing to build on the conversation. DON’T START IT.
3. Let your conversation show intelligence and maturity.
4. Except you’re very close or casual with someone. “Hi Dear”, “Hey Hun” can be termed offensive to others. STOP BEING OVERLY SUBJECTIVE!
5. Dont be overly routine!
6. When someone posts something intelligent. Please stop that habit of writing things like; “word”, “rhema”, Its not everything that requires your comment.
If you’re going somewhere great, every part of you must syncopate with that destination. Everything including your vocabulary and communication etiquette.
Unleashing Soteria, Lambano Soteria
Harkheindzel Kenny Omiyale
Development and Empowerment Strategist