If you are a Nigerian and you are not following Ronke Kosoko (@ronkeemployment) on Twitter then you need to think again.
I will give the highlight of one of her session last week on THE SKILLS YOU MUST POSSESS TO REMAIN RELEVANT BY 2020:
” Skills shortages would increase as globalization
and competitive pressures take hold across
#GlobalEmploymentIssues You’ll need the
following to remain relevant in the job market
1. #SenseMaking: Ability to determine the
deeper meaning or significance of what is being
2. #SocialIntelligence: Ability to connect to others,
sense & stimulate reactions & desired
3. #NovelAndAdaptiveThinking: Proficiency at
thinking and coming up with solutions and
responses beyond that which is rote or rule
4. #CrossCulturalCompetency: Ability to operate
in different cultural settings.
5. #ComputationalThinking: Ability to translate
vast amounts of data into abstract concepts
and to understand data based reasoning.
6. #NewMediaLiteracy: Ability to critically assess
and develop content for new media and to
leverage these media for persuasive
7. #TransDisciplinary: Ability to understand
concepts across multiple disciplines.
8. #DesignMindset: Ability to represent and
develop tasks and work processes for desired
9. #CognitiveLoadManagement: Ability to
discriminate&filter information for importance,
and to understand how to maximize cognitive
10. #VirtualCollaboration: Ability to work
productively, drive engagement and
demonstrate presence as a member of a virtual
2020 seems faraway truth is all these are
parameters for getting hired or staying on a job
even in 2014
Courtesy of my last 10 tweets goes to
I believe you will make the best use of these skills. The earlier you start working on them the better you will seem.
I hope to see you by 2020 a better man. Most importantly, I believe you would have become a LEGEND and not a LOSER.
May you always walk in the faith of the LORD,
Harkheindzel Kenny Omiyale.
©2014 Harkheindzel Kenny OMIYALE.